St Luke’s Church, Prestonville, 64 Old Shoreham Road, BN1 5DD.
Hannah-Rose – 07771 511726
GLOW = Gay Lesbian Or Whatever! GLOW is a community choir for LGBTQ+ people and Allies to come together in song.
All voices are welcome at GLOW, without auditions or judgement. GLOW choirs are a safe space to explore and develop your voice, learn about music, support and celebrate LGBTQ+ people, and connect with community.
When? Saturday afternoons.
Time? 2.30-4.30 (tea break included)
New term? 15th Sept to 15th Dec 2018
End of Term Shindig, 15th Dec 2018
Where? St Luke’s Church Prestonville, 64 Old Shoreham Rd, BN1 5DD
Price? Drop in: £9/£7 concession.
Up front term pay = 3 sessions free
Leader? GLOW choir Brighton is led by Natural Voice Practitioner Hannah-Rose Tristram. You can read more about about Hannah-Rose here:
GLOW choirs? There are various GLOW choirs across the country – you can read more about GLOW choirs here:
• What will we sing? An eclectic repertoire of songs from across the globe in many moods and genres, taught by ear.
• I am Bisexual / Transgender / Non-Binary / something not named here – am I as welcome as Lesbian and Gay people? Yes. GLOW choir celebrates people of all sexuality and gender identities, without judgement or hierarchy.
• I am Straight / Heterosexual – am I welcome? Yes. If you support people loving who they love, and being who they are, and you want to sing, then you are welcome.
• Is it really an LGBTQ+ space if straight allies are welcome? Yes. There will be no policing of sexuality or gender identities. By showing up to GLOW, people are either naming themselves as LGBTQ+ or as supportive of LGBTQ+ people.
• I’m not confident in my singing / think I can’t sing – am I welcome? Yes. All voices are welcome at GLOW choir. If you lack confidence, or have issues with technical aspects such as pitching, rhythm, melody recall, tone etc, you can contact Hannah-Rose for individual coaching. Hannah-Rose teaches one to one singing lessons on Fridays and Sundays at Hobgoblin Music Shop, Queens Road, Brighton, during shop hours.
• I can’t come every time – is that okay? Yes, drop in as often as suits you, and receive a warm welcome when you do. NB, the final session of the term serves as a rehearsal for the end of term shindig, rather than a drop-in workshop session
• Money is tight but I want to join in – what discounts are available? Drop in discounted rate for those who need it is £7 instead of £9. If you buy the whole term up front you have three sessions free. If payment still prevents you from joining, contact the leader about working/exchange place arrangements. Please note there can only be a limited amount of these, so only ask if it really applies
• What disabled access is there? There is a wheelchair ramp providing front door access into the venue in which we sing, which is on the same level as the kitchen. There is also a disabled-access toilet.
• What about parking and public transport? There is pay and display parking nearby. We are located in the Seven Dials area, near to Brighton train station and local bus stops.
I hope to see you there! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list or to ask Qs not answered above.