St Luke’s Church, Prestonville, 64 Old Shoreham Road, BN1 5DD.
Occasionally elsewhere if St Luke’s is not available.
Hannah-Rose – 07771 511726
GLOW = Gay Lesbian Or Whatever! GLOW is a community choir for LGBTQ+ people and Allies to come together in song.
All voices are welcome at GLOW, without auditions or judgement. GLOW choirs are a safe space to explore and develop your voice, learn about music, support and celebrate LGBTQ+ people and Allies, and connect with community.
Leader: GLOW choir Brighton is led by Natural Voice Practitioner Hannah-Rose Tristram. You can read more about about Hannah-Rose here: www.getbrightonsinging.com
GLOW choirs: There are various GLOW choirs across the country – you can read more about GLOW choirs here: http://glowchoir.weebly.com/
WHEN? Saturday afternoons
TIME? 2.30 to 4.30 (tea break included)
NEW TERM: 15th Feb to 27th June 2020
End of Term Sharing 27th June
WHERE? St Luke’s Church Prestonville, 64 Old Shoreham Rd, BN1 5DD
PRICES: Drop in: £10 Full Price, £9 Standard, £7 Concession.
Up front term pay = 3 sessions free
CONTACT: email@example.com 07771 511726
Please note: *Contact us before your first session, incase of changes to the above info
- What will we sing? An eclectic repertoire of songs from across the globe in many moods and genres, taught by ear.
- I am Bisexual / Transgender / Non-Binary / Queer / something else not named here – am I as welcome as Lesbian and Gay people? GLOW choir celebrates people of all sexuality and gender identities, without judgement or hierarchy. We’re also always open to learning more about how we can make folks feel welcome, supported and included.
- I am Straight / Heterosexual – am I welcome? If you support people loving who they love, and being who they are, and you want to sing, then you are welcome.
- Is it really an LGBTQ+ space if Straight Allies are welcome? There will be no policing of sexuality or gender identities. By showing up to GLOW, people are either naming themselves as LGBTQ+ or as supportive of LGBTQ+ people.
- I’m not confident in my singing / think I can’t sing – am I welcome? All voices are welcome at GLOW choir. If you lack confidence, or have issues with technical aspects such as pitching, rhythm, melody recall, tone etc, you can contact Hannah-Rose for individual coaching. Details at getbrightonsinging.com
- I can’t come every time – is that okay? Yes, drop in as often as suits you, and receive a warm welcome when you do. Please note, the final session of the term serves as a rehearsal for the end of term shindig, rather than a drop-in workshop session.
- Money is tight but I want to join in – what discounts are available? Drop in concession rate for those who need it is £7 instead of £10 / £9. If you buy the whole term up front, you get three sessions free. There are two free crew places available each week. If payment still prevents you from joining, contact us to discuss arrangements.
- What disabled access is there? There is a wheelchair ramp providing front door access and a disabled access toilet near the front door. If you need to, you are welcome to pace yourself during sessions, sit or stand, & take extra breaks. There is always a break roughly half way through, for which some refreshments are provided.
- What about parking and public transport? There is some pay and display parking nearby. We are located in the Seven Dials area, near to Brighton train station and local bus stops.
I hope to see you there! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any Qs not answered above.