11am – 12 noon every Wednesday
Still running through autumn 2021 until 15th December
Other Choirs and Groups run by this Teacher
- Feisty Choir- acapella untamed!
- Grace Notes Live singing outdoors
- Sing in the Vale Community Choir
- Singing Women Monthlies. Saturdays online
- West Oxford Singing Circle trial sessions autumn 2021
- Witney Singing Circle-postponed
Developed especially since lockdown. This group was designed to keep as many people singing as I could from my three singing and sing for health daytime groups, for fellowship, for singing our cares away, and for connection.
Join a jolly gathering of people who want to have a playful time, connect with others and keep their voices healthy during lockdown. Expect simple warm-ups and exercises to get the body and brain ready for singing. You don’t need to be an accomplished singer but do be prepared to learn a little and join in with this lively and interactive session. Singing improves breathing, mood and energy levels.
Songs both familiar and new from far and wide. Rounds from around the world, gospel, folk, lullabies, blues, hymns, shanties, jingles and ballads, funnies and old favourites. I theme each week . So for example themes might be: Into The Woods , On the Ocean Wave , Love , Peace & Harmony or Starry Starry Night.
If you’re using Zoom for the first time, this video tutorial might be useful. Once you’re joined, I can guide you through how it looks and works on the day. There is a delay in sound so I will not hear you when I’m teaching – the benefit being you can sing your heart out! This is not a ‘virtual choir’ producing a finished product or YouTube performance but a live engaging class to lift the spirits.
- “The lockdown never felt as good as this morning!” David
- “Thanks for this morning I laughed out loud as much as I sang!” Alison
- “You are making such a difference” Claire