Date: 10 Apr 2021
Cost: Adults £45, under 16s £20
Location: National Trust Cape Cornwall Car Park, Cape Cornwall, St Just, West Cornwall, TR19 7NN
Run by: Rachel Lambert
Contact details: 07903412014
An outdoor event, learning about foraging through songs.
A spring foraging course with songs about the plants as a way to share facts, stories, anecdotes and recipes. Rachel has created unique plant songs specifically for these events. Songs span genres from funny to sweet, with tunes you’ve heard before and new catchy verses! Hear some of the songs here.
Rachel is a professional foraging guide who likes to sing, she offers an atmosphere of ease and fun with using our voices together, welcoming everyone to join in, if they wish. Humming along or tapping a foot is also welcome.
Level of Walk: The walk will be 1.5 – 2 miles, depending on the group and weather, may include steps down to a small beach.
Foraging course with songs, what to expect:
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager and singer)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to hear newly created songs about the plants, their uses and learn about their qualities
- Include around 7 seasonal wild foods, facts, identification tips and recipes
- Learn bite-size songs/verses that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
Who is it for? Anyone who enjoys the outdoors, and singing.
What to wear: Please check the weather forecast on the day and be aware it can be cooler by the coast. Layers of clothing are advisable. Footwear suitable for the walk outlined (above) and that you are confident walking in.
Meet: National Trust Cape Cornwall Car Park, Cape Cornwall, St Just, West Cornwall, TR19 7NN
Transport and Parking: There is a pay and display car park, which is free to National Trust members. The road and car park is right next to the sea. Do let me know if you need or can offer a lift. Lifts available from Penzance. Buses from Penzance (then a 20 minute walk from St Just) and from St Ives, depending on the season, please check bus timetables.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, layers can be helpful. Bottle of water or drink, snacks (optional), any personal medication needed, sun lotion, camera, notebook and pen. Please note that mobile phones/devices are asked to be turned off for this event, with the exception of an allocated time for recording.
Min/Max numbers: 4-10 adults. You are welcome to come alone or with others.