Date: 6 Jun 2018
Details: 18.45 - 20.45
Location: Lower hall @ The Union Chapel, 19b Compton Terrace, N1 2UN
Run by: Dominic Stichbury
Contact details: http://www.chapschoir.com
A fun, relaxed & welcoming space for chaps/lads/blokes/geezers to find their voice and feel the power of the male voice multiplied by singing a variety of songs – some you will recognise, some you (probably) won’t. Led by experienced singer & vocal leader Dominic Stichbury* (see below for participant reviews!)
TO BOOK PLACES ON THE 6th AND/OR 27th JUNE, GO HERE:
- no group singing or performing experience required
- teaching by ear – no need to read music
- teaching will be inclusive and accessible so no-one gets left behind
- we’ll be singing a range of songs from different genres & traditions – all designed to feel good to sing.
Find the black iron gate to the left of the main door. Once you’re buzzed inside. follow the signs to the Lower Hall. http://www.unionchapel.org.uk/contact-us/
Arrive from 6.30pm for a prompt start at 6.45pm
Just bring yourself and a water bottle to stay topped up.
*Dominic is the founder and leader of Chaps Choir & Bellow Fellows and a UK member of The Spooky Men’s Chorale. He has been on a mission to get men singing and over this time has encouraged hundreds of men who have never sung in a choir as an adult to have a go at group singing.
- ‘I am truly amazed by the mastery and ease by which our choirmaster Dominic brings all the voices to sing in harmony. 😃’
- ‘A really enjoyable and creative evening.’
- ‘I really enjoyed it!’
- ‘My only regret? I should had joined this choir 30 years ago.’
- ‘Great session!’