Date: 22 Sep 2018
Cost: Early bird tickets £30 until 24th August. Full price £45
Details: 10am - 1pm
Location: Quaker Meeting House, 22 School Lane, Liverpool, L1 3BT
Run by: Jennifer John Music
Jennifer John is a singer, songwriter, composer and recording artist, former co-founder of award winning music company Sense of Sound, and manager of its namesake Sense of Sound Singers. She has worked with many established artists including Paloma Faith, Imogen Heap, Damon Albarn and Brian Eno. She is also the lead singer with Killerfernandez.
Jennifer has lectured at Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA), Brighton Institute of Modern Music (BIMM) and is currently a lecturer at The Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM). In addition she is a much sought after music mentor for emerging artists and bands, the vocal director for Cream Classical Liverpool and a vocal coach on ITV’s The Voice.
- Discovery of Soul, Jazz & RnB genres through a series of varied vocal exercises
- Exploration of syncopation and phrasing specific to the genre
- Application of a range of vocal techniques and approaches to further develop range and improve tone
- Exploration of vocal techniques to gain a better understanding of how the voice works
- Harmony singing to improve listening skills
- Improved awareness of physicality and the importance of the whole body to improve vocal delivery and performance presentation
- Exploration of genre specific repertoire
- Q & A.