Date: 15–17 Oct 2021
Cost: £325 including accommodation, vegetarian food and digital start up pack.
Details: Friday 6pm - Sunday 4pm
Location: Lower Shaw Farm, Old Shaw Lane, Shaw, Swindon, SN5 5PJ
Run by: Susie Ro Prater
Do you feel inspired to lead others in song?
Sharing the Music is a training course for practising and aspiring voice workshop teachers, choir leaders and singing circle facilitators
Susie has been leading singing workshops and choirs for many years and is excited to share the skills she has learnt along the way, including those inspired by her late father Nick Prater.
This course is for anybody, from those who are holding a tiny seed of a dream to share song with others and have no experience, to those who already lead singing in some way and wish to improve their knowledge/techniques and gather some inspiration.
During this weekend Susie will use a variety of exercises to help participants fulfil their potential in bringing others into harmony through singing.
The sessions will include:
- Why this work is so much more than just about singing
- How to be a good leader in service to the whole: holding space and making space
- How to learn, retain and teach harmony parts
- Warm-ups – what is actually effective to create the right energy in your space
- How to teach songs fast and thoroughly, with heart, without losing your group’s attention!
- How to create a deep, listening, receptive atmosphere in your group
- Using your whole body to transmit a song
- Pitching a song and using a pitch pipe
- Body, breath and voice
- Introducing and encouraging improvisation
- Holding space for transformation and healing
- Helping people overcome their fears and find their true voice
- The medicine of the voice – the gift you are giving people
- How to collect songs and build your repertoire
There will be plenty of time during the weekend for questions and to put the things being taught into practice and everyone will have the opportunity to share a song with the larger group and in smaller break out groups. This is a completely safe and encouraging space, and all that you bring is very welcome.
Along with accommodation and vegetarian food the course includes a digital pack containing:
~ Full recordings of the whole weekend (so you can go over the course again at your leisure)
~ Course notes
~ Resource information
~ A vocal ranges chart for teaching in 4 part harmony
~ Sharing the Music Start Up CD, which includes audio parts for 12 simple songs, song teaching notes and a lyrics sheet.
Limited to 18 places, so early booking essential.