Date: 9–10 Oct 2021
Cost: Sliding scale £95-£135
Details: 4.00-9.00pm UK
Run by: Susie Ro Prater
Do you feel inspired to lead others in song?
Sharing the Music is a training course for practising and aspiring voice workshop teachers, choir leaders and singing circle facilitators
Join Susie for this special training weekend as she translates her popular Sharing The Music course into an online format, sharing her extensive knowledge and vital teaching tips that will empower you to inspire the voices of others, wherever you may be in the world.
This course is for anybody, from those who are holding a tiny seed of a dream to share song with others and have no experience, to those who already lead singing in some way and wish to improve their knowledge/techniques and gather some inspiration.
During this weekend Susie will use a variety of exercises to help participants fulfil their potential in bringing others into harmony through singing, including those inspired by her late father Nick Prater.
The sessions will include:
- Why this work is so much more than just about singing
- How to be a good leader in service to the whole: holding space and making space
- How to learn, retain & teach harmony parts
- Warm-ups – what is actually effective to create the right energy in your space
- How to teach songs fast and thoroughly, with heart, without losing your group’s attention!
- How to create a deep, listening, receptive atmosphere in your group
- Using your whole body to transmit a song
- Pitching a song & using a pitch pipe
- Body, breath & voice
- Some vocal techniques
- The power, freedom and magic of improvisation
- Guitar songs & acapella harmony songs
- Holding space for transformation and healing
- Helping people overcome their fears and find their true voice
- The medicine of the voice – the gift you are giving people
- How to set up your own singing groups
- How to collect songs and build your repertoire
- How to lead songs and voice workshops online
- Publicity and making a living out of singing
- Lots of time for Q&As
- Lots of time for singing!
Along with these sessions you will receive:
- Audio and video recordings of the whole weekend
- Sharing the Music Start Up CD (audio parts for 12 simple harmony songs, song teaching notes and a lyrics sheet)