Date: 8 Oct—17 Dec 2018
Cost: Early bird tickets £135 until 26th August. Full price £150
Details: 6pm - 7.30pm
Location: JJM Studio, Top Floor, 128 Bold St, Liverpool, L1 4JA
Run by: Jennifer John Music
Mersey Wylie is a singer-songwriter, vocal coach and musical director of the Choir with No Name. She has performed at notable festivals and venues across Liverpool and the UK, and has been featured on BBC 6 Music and in Mojo Magazine.
Her diverse musical background via a classical Bachelor’s degree, popular music Masters and a wealth of experience in jazz, pop and classical settings has given her a unique approach to teaching and performing. She fronts an eight piece band, playing her neo-soul original music and has worked with an impressive range of artists, including Yoko Ono, Boy George and Mick Jones.
She is passionate about empowering singers to be armed with knowledge and prepared for any situation that they may find themselves in.
- Come and learn to sight sing in a safe and friendly environment
- Suitable for people with no or little knowledge and experience of music theory
- Suitable for people who can read music but have never tried sight singing before
- This 10 week course will teach you to sing simple melodies by sight
- It will give you a great foundation in music theory and how to apply that knowledge to singing at sight
- It would be great for choir members wishing to gain confidence reading music in rehearsals
- It would be a great extra skill for working singers for session work or to help communicate with band members
- It will allow you to progress on to our level two course where we will tackle more complex rhythms, intervals, tonalities and time signatures.