Date: 22 Jun—13 Jul 2020
Details: 7.00 - 8.15pm
Run by: Ailsa Nicholson
Contact details: 07904376432
FOUR WEEK LIVE ONLINE INTRODUCTION TO VOCAL TECHNIQUE
**NEW COURSE – ONLY £40 – includes course, PDF handouts and a dedicated Facebook group for support in between sessions**
The prospect of singing for many can be, well, terrifying! However we can all do it! By learning how your voice works you can develop your singing. In four one hour workshops we will look at:-
- How to make the sound we want
- Demystifying singing and terms used; e.g: “sing with your diaphragm”
- Increasing power, range and developing our sound/tone
- Using efficient breathing techniques to make singing easier
- Gaining confidence in your singing
- Warm-ups and why we do them
- The best, scientifically proven exercises to train your voice
- Choosing songs to suit your voice
- Developing and maintaining good vocal health
- Creating a routine to help you achieve your singing goals.
The course is suitable for anyone aged 16+ and is aimed at:-
- People who have had little or no vocal coaching. It would be ideally suited to people who love to sing but don’t feel like they know what they’re doing/if they’re doing it right. (SPOILER ALERT: You are probably much better at singing than you think you are!)
- Professional voice users – e.g. teachers, class leaders who want to feel more confident and look after their vocal health.
The course fee of £40 includes four online Zoom sessions and PDF handouts which will be emailed. There will be a chance to try out what you’ve learned in the safety of your own home where no one else can hear you and within the safety of a supportive group. You’ll be able to ask questions as we go and get in touch with me in between sessions. There will be a maximum number of 10 participants per course.
HOW TO BOOK
Send an email to email@example.com for payment details/to secure your place, or If you’re unsure if this course is suitable for you.
Terms and conditions:
- The course will run on 22 and 29 June, 6 and 13 July 2020 at 7pm – 8pm
- Payment in full must be made before the course starts to secure your place. No refunds given.
- Under 18s must have written permission to participate from their parent/carer and use the contact details of that adult.