Date: 3–4 Sep 2016
Location: Mellow Farm, Heath Hill, Dockenfield, nr. Farnham, Surrey GU10 4HH
Contact details: 01730 810233
Community Vox presents…
For anyone who enjoys a good sing. Now in its 10th year!
Learn joyous songs from five renowned conductors in fun, relaxed workshops within the beautiful surroundings of Mellow Farm.
*** £10 discount for choir leaders! ***
Singing workshops with…
- Philip Read – Charismatic singer with the Spooky Men’s Chorale
- Gail Windrass – Mega-voiced leader of Luton Community Gospel Choir
- Rod Edbrooke – Co-founder of SingFest with a love of stonking English folk songs
- Laura Deal – Witty popster returns by popular demand after last year’s success
- Anna Tabbush – Choir starter, warming vocal chords and fanning flames of creativity
- Ukulele workshop with Marco Frankland
- Samba Reggae drumming workshop with Mac PretoVelho de Dende
- Plus camping, ceilidh, open mic, Saturday night BBQ, family craft workshop, drumming workshop, yoga, face-painting, family activities, local beer & cider and the best campfire sing-arounds you’ve ever heard.
Philip Read appears regularly with a cappella group The Spooky Men’s Chorale, with whom he has completed sell out national and international tours, live sessions on BBC Radio 2 and 3. and headline sets at Sidmouth, Towersey and Shrewbury Folk Festivals. He is a much loved and experienced community choir leader, workshop facilitator and professional singer. Philip runs three choirs in his home town of Oxford including ‘MAN CHOIR’.
Gail Windrass has been leading Choirs for the past 14 years. She is an accomplished singer and community musician, with a keen interest in getting more people enjoying and celebrating the the sound of their own voice. One of her most notable achievements is the setup of the Luton Gospel Community Choir which she ran for 12 years.
Rod Edbrooke‘s love of singing began on long family journeys to Devon in the days before car radios! Along to road to becoming conductor of the Westy Choir in Aldershot’s West End Centre he has led many of the community choirs in the local area. He is a musical magpie with an ear for a good tune and a passionate belief in the power of song to bring people together and make the world a better place.
Laura Deal likes to credit her eclectic musical taste and passion for music to a childhood spent watching Sesame Street. A degree in music and a diploma in voice tuition nurtured Laura’s love of communal singing. Laura strongly believes that everyone can sing and make music, and that music can help to encourage confidence and communication. She now conducts Bellfields and St Johns Community Choirs.
Anna Tabbush is a singer, composer, conductor and SingFest festival director. She has taught on the past nine SingFests and is back this year to warm-up our voices each morning. Anna runs community choir Guildford Vox and, among other projects, singing masterclasses, focussing on harmony and performance technique.
For bookings and more info visit our website www.singfest.org.uk