Date: 29 Jun—4 Aug 2019
Run by: Stephen Taberner
you knew this was coming. we knew that this was coming. it’s time to dispense with the shy flirting, with the pretending, with the poetic innuendo, with the suggestions neatly encased in flowery prose. WE ARE HEREBY ANNOUNCING TOUR DATES FOR UK/DEUTSCH 2019.
we say UK/Deutsch, but really there are only two deutsch gigs. so really, it’s a UK tour with a cherry attached…or maybe a bratwurst. we’re very very very very very happy to be returning to your golden, slightly damp, very ironic shores. at the least we can offer a sly musical countermelody to a grand political musical that seems to have lost the plot.
that’s where our new CD will be of great use, it’s called “welcome to the second half”, and whilst it provides no answers, it asks questions with such nice harmonies that you briefly forget that everything smells very much of turnip…and not a fresh one. there will be, as always, a toy truckload of new songs, one new joke, and 17,000 carefully practised eyebrow positions.
enough flummery. get thee to a diary, and write the relevant date with a mighty 4B pencil, in a tremulous hand. tell the others, and prepare some subtly understated semi formal wear. the jig is up, the goose is cooked, the spooks are already eying you from afar.
it shall be grand.
your loyal servant and spooky intermediary
THE SPOOKY MEN’S CHORALE UK/DEUTSCH TOUR DATES 2019
- Sat 29 – Glasgow TBC
- Sun 30 – Edinburgh – The Traverse Theatre
- Mon 1 – Perth – Inchyra Arts Club
- Tue 2 – Durham – Durham Gala Theatre
- Wed 3 – Clitheroe – The Grand
- Thur 4 – Penistone – The Paramount
- Fri 5 – Berlin TBC
- Sat 6 & Sun 7 – Rudolstadt Festival
- Tue 9 – Norwich – Playhouse
- Wed 10 – Bury St. Edmunds – The Apex
- Thur 11 – Peterborough – Vivacity Key Theatre
- Fri 12 – Hastings – Opus Theatre
- Sat 13 & Sun 14 – Isle of Wight – Rhythm Tree Festival
- Fri 19 – Nottingham – St. Mary’s Church
- Sat 20 – Worcester – Huntingdon Hall
- Sun 21 – Trowbridge Festival
- Tue 23 – Liverpool – St. George’s Hall
- Wed 24 – Bristol – St. George’s Bristol
- Thur 25 – Cardiff – St. David’s Hall
- Fri 26 – Dorchester – Corn Exchange
- Sun 28 – Stroud – Subscription Rooms
- Tue 30 – Oxford – New Theatre
- Wed 31 – Milton Keynes – The Stables
- Thur 1 – London – Kings Place
- Fri 2 – Wickham Festival
- Sat 3 & Sun 4 – Sidmouth Folk Festival
all bookings via www.spookymen.com/gigs