Date: 8 Feb 2020
Cost: Booked and paid for in advance: £22 (full price/waged) £17 (part/low waged) £12 ( concession - unemployed, students, pensioners on low income) Paid for on the day: £26 (full price/waged) £20 (part/low waged) £16 (concession - as above) Special deals!
Details: 2 - 5pm
Location: The Lifecare Centre, 2 Cheyne Stockbridge, Edinburgh EH4 1JB - this venue is fully accessible
Run by: Jenny Goodman
Contact details: 07984 584923
Fed up of winter already? Why not book yourself in for some singing? Beat the winter blues with the promise of fabulous harmonies!
February can feel like the longest month – Spring hasn’t quite arrived BUT nothing beats harmony singing for that feelgood factor! Come along to SPRING SING: AMAZING ACAPELLA – Harmony singing workshop with Jenny Goodman.
This afternoon is all about making you feel great with a mixture of acapella harmony songs from different world and folk music traditions across the world and maybe more – every one of them will be about lifting your spirits through the power of song, harmony and raising our voices with others. All songs taught by ear so no previous experience necessary. No solo singing (except by choice!) and no auditions – this is about the power and joy of singing together.
How to get there
- “What I love is that you get a real sense of achievement very quickly – Jenny has the ability to bring the harmonies together with ease so you are soon making a lush, beautiful sound together”
- “I don’t sing with a regular choir so it’s brilliant to get the buzz and feelgood factor of singing with others in an easy bite-size afternoon workshop”
- “Jenny is simply one of the best teachers around – patient, encouraging, knowledgeable, clear – she creates an atmosphere which is relaxed, friendly and fun”
- “I love Jenny’s warm ups – I feel my voice has been cared for and my voice is really “in” my body before we even start singing”
- “Wonderful, as always I am cleansed
“Loved it! Thank you from a newbie”
Fancy meeting others before or afterwards?
One of the lovely things about singing workshops is you often bump into folk you haven’t seen for a while or meet new people. It can be nice to socialise before or after. There are lots of cafes in Stockbridge if you fancy meeting beforehand or afterwards. Of course there is tea and coffee and a break in the workshop when you catch up.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE