Date: 24 Feb 2018
Cost: Booked and paid for in advance: £22 (full price/waged) £17 (part/low waged) £12 ( concession - unemployed, students, pensioners on low income) Paid for on the day: £26 (full price/waged) £20 (part/low waged) £16 (concession - as above) Special deals! Br
Details: 2 til 5 pm
Location: The Lifecare Centre, 2 Cheyne Stockbridge, Edinburgh EH4 1JB - this venue is fully accessible
Run by: Jenny Goodman
Contact details: 07984 584923
Beat the winter blues with the promise of fabulous harmonies at this singing workshop with Jenny Goodman.
February can feel like the longest month – Spring hasn’t quite arrived BUT nothing beats harmony singing for that feel good factor! This afternoon is all about making you feel great with a mixture of acapella harmony songs from different world and folk music traditions across the world and maybe more – every one of them will be about lifting your spirits through the power of song, harmony and raising our voices with others.
All songs taught by ear so no previous experience necessary. No solo singing (except by choice!) and no auditions – this is about the power and joy of singing together.
By booking on this workshop you are supporting the work of this wonderful charity who are hosting us.
How to get there: The Lifecare Centre is on Cheyne Street which runs between Raeburn Place and Dean Street in Stockbridge in the heart of the New Town. All buses running down into Stockbridge will take you in the right direction. If you are driving give yourself plenty of time to park as parking can be difficult and expensive in the New Town.
How do I book? Contact Jenny on email@example.com or 07984 584923 to book.
Still not sure? Here are some recommendations by previous participants:
- “What I love is that you get a real sense of achievement very quickly – Jenny has the ability to bring the harmonies together with ease so you are soon making a lush, beautiful sound together”
- “I don’t sing with a regular choir so it’s brilliant to get the buzz and feelgood factor of singing with others in an easy bite-size afternoon workshop”
- “Jenny is simply one of the best teachers around – patient, encouraging, knowledgeable, clear – she creates an atmosphere which is relaxed, friendly and fun”
- “I love Jenny’s warm ups – I feel my voice has been cared for and my voice is really “in” my body before we even start singing”
And specifically from the last workshop Sunshine Songs:
- “Wonderful, as always I am cleansed”
- “Loved it! Thank you from a newbie”