Date: 18 Apr 2020
Location: TR20 9NE
Run by: Rachel Lambert
Contact details: 07903412014
A guided foraging walk punctuated with songs about the plants as a way to share facts, stories, anecdotes and recipes. Rachel has created unique plant songs specifically for these events. Songs span genres from funny to sweet, from abba tunes with new lyrics to simple, catchy verses that you’ve never heard before. Hear some of the songs here.
Rachel is a professional foraging guide who likes to sing, rather than a professional singer. This alone sets up an atmosphere of ease and accessibility, welcoming everyone to join in, if they wish. Humming along or tapping a foot is also welcome.
Level of Walk: The walk will be 1.5 – 2 miles, depending on the group and weather, and may include steps down to a small beach.
The Singing Forager Experience;
- 3 hour outdoor experience with Rachel Lambert (forager and singer)
- A guided walk with lots of stopping to hear newly created songs about the plants, their uses and learn about their qualities
- Include around 7 seasonal wild foods, facts, identification tips and recipes
- Learn bite-size songs/verses that help you remember plants
- Pre-made wild food tasters for your sustenance and to deepen your wild experience
- Using songs as a way to remember plants and engage with Cornwall, in a way that words alone cannot capture
Who is it for? Anyone who enjoys the outdoors, music and song.
What to wear: Please check the weather forecast on the day and be aware it can be cooler by the coast. Layers of clothing are advisable. Footwear suitable for the walk outlined (above) and that you are confident walking in.
Meet: On the bench opposite The Cabin cafe, at the seafront in Perranuthnoe, TR20 9NE
Transport and Parking: There is a pay and display car park in Perrunthnoe, or possibly parking spaces on the road down to the sea. Do let me know if you need or can offer a lift. Lifts available from Penzance. Buses from Penzance and Falmouth which either go into Perranuthnoe village, or drop you at the top of the road with a 15 minute walk down.
What to Bring: Weather appropriate clothing, layers can be helpful. Bottle of water or drink, snacks (optional), any personal medication needed, sun lotion, camera, notebook and pen. Please note that mobile phones/devices are asked to be turned off for this event, with the exception of an allocated time for recording.
Min/Max numbers: 4-12 adults. You are welcome to come alone or with others.