Date: 30 Sep 2017
Cost: Booked and paid for in advance: £20 (full price/waged) £15 (part/low waged) £10 ( concession - unemployed, students, pensioners on low income) Paid for on the day: £24 (full price/waged) £18 (part/low waged) £14 (concession - as above) Special deals! Bri
Details: 2 til 5pm
Location: Pilrig St Paul's Church, corner of Leith Walk and Pilrig St Edinburgh EH6 5AH (sorry this venue is up a flight of stone stairs)
Run by: Jenny Goodman
Contact details: 07984584923
As the days get shorter, what could be better than to brighten yourself up with some acapella harmony singing? – especially when those songs bring with them the sunshine of African and Maori cultures and possibly a dash of reggae!
Indulge yourself in the lush harmony singing traditions of Africa and the Pacific – songs of power and heart to brighten any autumn afternoon. Jenny has travelled in New Zealand/Aotearoa so some songs will come directly from her experience there.
All songs taught by ear so no previous experience necessary. No solo singing (except by choice!) and no auditions – this is about the power and joy of singing together.
To book,contact Jenny on email@example.com or 07984 584923
Some recommendations by previous participants:
- “What I love is that you get a real sense of achievement very quickly – Jenny has the ability to bring the harmonies together with ease so you are soon making a lush, beautiful sound together”
- “I don’t sing with a regular choir so it’s brilliant to get the buzz and feelgood factor of singing with others in an easy bite-size afternoon workshop”
- “Jenny is simply one of the best teachers around – patient, encouraging, knowledgeable, clear – she creates an atmosphere which is relaxed, friendly and fun”
- “I love Jenny’s warm ups – I feel my voice has been cared for and my voice is really “in” my body before we even start singing”
- “Thank you for another wonderful workshop – uplifting and filled with fun and laughter – real soul food”
- “First time at Jenny’s sessions – will be back for all the rest – great day, thank you”