Date: 22 Feb—22 Nov 2021
Cost: US$395 for 10 months (20 classes)
Details: 20-21:30 hrs UK time (12-1:30 pacific time US) 2nd and 4th Monday of the month
Location: via Zoom
Run by: Marion Van Namen
A fun ten-month course for choir leaders!
You’ll learn (to):
- Build on all the musical chops you already have. This course is designed for you.
- Feel empowered by zoom, rather than limited
- trust: sing freely within a structure
- surrender: have the guts to sing your heart out even though you don’t know what’s gonna come out of your mouth
- acceptance: love every single note that comes out: the good, the bad and the ugly, and you’ll have a good time with them all
- develop your own language
- come up with rhythms and body percussion
- mimic instruments
- create the building blocks of improv
- make up your own exercises. The field of improv is endless.
- loads, we mean loads of fun!!!
- guide your own singers in all these exercises to improve their playfulness and spontaneity in song.
You will have three teachers: Kay Bourgine from Paris France, Beth Lyons from Washington DC, Marion Van Namen from Portland, Oregon. All of us have studied with Bobby McFerrin, Rhiannon and many other improv teachers (incl. theater improv). We are available throughout the year for questions, and there will be a private FB group for ongoing support and exchange.
Training consists of 2 monthly classes:
- 2nd Monday of the month: Vocal Play Shop – learn new exercises.
- 4th Monday of the month: Vocal Play Lab – practice leading the exercises and discover variations.
- All classes are live via zoom from 12 noon – 1:30 pm PT (20-21:30 UK time)
- January through July and September through November (20 classes)
Total cost is $395. 10 month commitment is required. That’s only $40/month for two 90 minute sessions a month. Payment plans (4x$100) available.
Or e-mail email@example.com for questions or more details.