For a more up to date website, please go to:
Hannah-Rose creates atmospheres in which people feel safe to develop, explore and have fun. Her offerings include:
- GLOW choir Brighton! A weekly Community Choir which is open to all voices, and actively supports people of all sexuality and gender identities. https://www.facebook.com/pages/GLOWchoirBrighton/734538586593537
- Singing workshops in many locations and settings, offering beautiful stirring songs from across the globe, in a fun and light hearted manner, and with utmost clarity, integrity, and respect for correct sourcing and details of music and style. https://www.facebook.com/Community-Singing-in-Kingston-and-beyond-1046184655408246/
- One to one Vocal Tuition, Vocal Therapy Sessions, and Singing Lessons. https://www.facebook.com/VoiceCoachingBrighton/
- VocoMotion(TM) sessions, involving integration of movement and voice. https://www.facebook.com/VocoMotionHannahRose/
- Performances! Solo voice and accordion, and creative collaborations involving voice, movement and song.
- One to one accordion lessons (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kripalu Yoga group classes and one-to-one sessions, and Unity Partner Yoga Courses and one-to-two sessions https://www.facebook.com/Kripalu-Yoga-Brighton-411542542336233/
Contact email@example.com 07771 511726
Hannah-Rose’s training and experience includes:
- Estil Voice Training levels one and two.
- Natural Voice Teacher Training with Frankie Armstrong and Darien Pritchard.
- Actor Musicianship training at Rose Bruford College.
- Vocal study and concert tours with world music choirs Village Harmony and Northern Harmony, from age 10 to present day.
- Sight singing and music theory.
- Learning by ear, healthy use of the whole body, sustainable vocal use.
- Training with Margaret Pikes.
- Psychological aspects of giving voice, voice as therapy.
- Community choir leadership and participation.
- Church choirs, classical choirs, chamber choirs.
- School choirs, theatre performances, musical direction.
- A capella performances with vocal trios, quartets and choirs.
- Solo performances on voice and accordion.
- Specialist study and performance of the songs of Edith Piaf.
- Performance practices.
- First Class BA (Hons) in Music and Dance.
- Flute Grade 8.
- Grade 5 Music Theory.
- Kripalu Yoga 200 Hour Certification.
- Well Woman Yoga Therapy Training (Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Ruth Gilmore).
- Yoga Therapy for Children with Developmental Challenges (Jo Manuel).
- Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training (Uma Dinsmore-Tuli).
- Partner Yoga Teacher Training (Sevanti).
- Working with specialist groups (eg children, couples, health conditions, recovery).
- Ongoing CPD (being a perpetual student!)
Hannah-Rose has recently given a TEDx talk on the the power of group singing, which you can view here:
“You brought us back to the heart of music.” Participant at workshop for Nordoff Robbins Music Therapy Charity.
“Thank you so much, a wealth of treasures to be getting on with… I’m enjoying singing more than ever before!” Elaine Crinnion (aka Stella Mandella)
“You found a voice in everyone!” Maria Thomas
“It lifts the spirits!” Ralph Shuter
“Thank you so much for an illuminating session,” Kingston University Music tutor
“Hannah Rose effortlessly led us into gorgeous harmonies in a warm and inclusive way that was inspirational and moving,” Tati, co-leader of Many Voices Choir Westminster, after a guest workshop with Hannah Rose (www.many-voices.co.uk)
“Singing with you has given me the confidence to join the Cathedral choir!” Lulu Willis
“The breathing and voice exercises were very helpful. I really enjoyed our sessions, and you are a gifted teacher as well as having a wonderfully versatile voice. This and your enthusiasm made every song a pleasure.” Jackie Blackman
“One of the things I love about the sessions is that you can take off your face and just be.” Emma Tristram
“My singing feels freer already (and most importantly more fun!)” Neil Foster, after his first one-to-one session.
“Singing – you’ve renewed my passion for it and I love it!” Emma Red
“My singing seems to be coming along nicely. There seem to be signs of real progress with increased confidence. I do thank you very much for helping me through that barrier. You made it safe for me to have a go … The singing sessions seem to be doing me a lot of good.” Rob King
“It was so lovely to attend your class today Hannah! You are such an amazing teacher! So energetic and jovial and funny. Thanks for doing such lovely events. This is a great way of living life. See you next week!” Debalina Ghosh after first Wilful Choir session.
“My muscles feel well exercised and my singing feels better already – lovely!” Sophie Bown, after first voice coaching session.
“I experienced deeper relaxation than at other yoga classes, and felt the teacher was very caring. I learnt to tune into my body more, as well as trying many new postures and movements. I loved the shake out to music as well – it enabled my body to dictate what it needed and sort itself out. I gained some much needed stretching, great relaxation, and a lasting feeling of happiness. I would like more of all of it.” Toni Izard.
Hannah Rose Tristram