Singing lessons in Brighton & Hove
Individual lessons in Brighton & Hove, groups and online coaching via Skype, Facetime etc. Scroll to bottom of page for prices and contact details.
Would you like to liberate your voice? Sing with greater freedom, clarity, resonance and energy? Decrease performance nerves and build confidence? Perform as an amateur or professional?
What will you learn?
- Learn and sing some lovely songs and rounds
- Grow your confidence and reduce nerves
- Experiment with easy natural voice workouts
- Breathe easily and efficiently
- All levels welcome!
”As a child I was told I couldn’t sing and have carried this shame with me for decades. With Alan’s help I have smashed this limitation and am finding my own voice.
That’s the singing part, and the Alexander Technique part has been a fantastic surprise too. I feel in my body far more, and haven’t seen my osteopath since I started with Alan.”
Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Creative
Paul Stammer – AAT Finance and Accounting Teacher at Greater Brighton Metropolitan College, hired Alan Mars as a Personal Trainer in 2012, and hired Alan Mars more than once.
Who can learn?
- People who simply want a vocal spring-clean
- the courageous’ non-singer’ who wants to plunge in
- ‘open mic’ singers and musicians
- choral singers -amateur and professional
- actors and opera singers who want that elusive extra boost
“In my 23 years at the Royal College of Music, nearly every one of my students has been advised at our first meeting to put their name down for Alexander lessons! It is the perfect starting-point for learning about the physical facts of the art of singing and how to put them into practice.”
Professor Lyndon Van Der Pump- Professor of Singing, Royal College of Music
How would we go about it?
All lessons are tailored to the individual but these are some of the methods we focus on…
- Posture, centering and voice placement
- Confidence techniques
- Pitching and volume adjustment
- Smoothness and Rhythm
- Singing songs!
- Bringing the story of the song to life
Alexander Technique active rest position
Voted the top exercise by my drama and music students – as practised over the years!
Wondering why? It’s really easy! No doubt that’s one reason it’s such a popular exercise.
It’s a wonderful stress reliever too, it decompresses the spine, eases neck and shoulders and is calming for bad backs. All of which really unlocks the singing voice.
The Alexander Technique active rest position – article and youtube clip
07930 323 057