I’m essentially an artist in the guise of a foraging guide, award-winning author and sometimes a singing forager. My creativity is currently expressed through teaching, writing, recipe creation and as a song-writer. I have created songs about the wilds foods that I cover on my courses, and share these alfresco with participants on ‘The Singing Forager Experience’. My songs vary from quirky and fun, to touching and beautiful and describe something of the plants; their uses, visual features, taste or historical stories about them. All my songs can be learnt on the hoof, or have parts that are easy to join in with.
I was brought up with singing as part of life – at church, home and around campfires (my parents ran youth groups). I love to sing and to sing together. My approach is accessible, inclusive and fun. I would describe myself as a singing forager rather than a professional singer.
- Teaching foraging since 2007.
- Author of Wild Food Foraging in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (2015, reprinted 2015, 2017,2019)
- Author of Seaweed Foraging in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (2016, reprinted 2017)
- Trained in Education and Health Promotion (2002), Institute of Education (MA)
- Experienced facilitator – trained in Community Assessment and Action, Community Consultation, Training the non-trainer, Conflict Resolution, Facilitator training (2001-05)
- BA Hons in Visual Performance and Theatre (1995), Dartington College of Arts