Associated NVN member: Ali Burns
Publisher: Little Egg
Price: £25 plus P&P
How to buy: email@example.com
Tagged with: citizenship songs, easy songs for teenagers, songs for special education;
These new songs by Alison Burns are perfect for assemblies both in special and mainstream schools where inclusivity is high on the agenda. Created specifically to motivate and interest teenagers with special needs, they also have a wider appeal.
Respect has songs that:
- Are age appropriate for young people with special needs
- Can be used in primary schools at assembly, in class or in circle time
- Use clear, simple language
- Are easy for non-specialist teachers to use
- Develop abstract concepts such as respect, patience, change and friendship
- Have a simple ‘one verse, one chorus’ structure
- Are great for personal and social development
- Address many citizenship issues
- Are fun!