A song for choirs to sing through this time of humanitarian, ecological and political turmoil. Available as sheet music and individual learning audio tracks on https://www.choircommunity.net Written by Gitika, Val and Andy round the kitchen table – arranged for acapella choir by Gitika.
Some quotes from the choir about how singing this song felt:
– ‘Music often lifts the soul but this song is special. There’s a feeling as you sing it, an awareness of those around you, singing as one, minds and voices in a musical prayer for the sanity of the world’
– ‘The power we all have individually, and how that is magnified when we are many. Whether it is voices or ideas or revolution. Singing this song gives me goose bumps, makes me feel hopeful, positive and filled with light. Truly burning bright. No matter how dark the days might feel’
– ‘It is easy to get disheartened and feel we are making no difference when we are campaigning/protesting. The song made me feel that we do count, that we are keeping that flame (however fragile) alight in the world.’
– ‘Singing this song reminded me that we all have a role to play in the guardianship of the world we occupy and of the neighbours we share it with. That ‘enlightenment’ has the power to dispel demons however they may appear.’
– ‘A song of quiet strengthening: working at both an individual and, of course, a group level. Refreshingly different to the usual community choir fare.
Composer: Gitika Partington and Val Regan
Arranger: Gitika Partington
Country or Culture: Humanitarian